Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Because it's Tuesday & We Get Lo'

I love my friends. There are so many reasons I can list but as it pertains to this post, there's always an adventure involved at the most random times.

Those being the best types of adventures of course, this tale chronicles how my Roadie introduced me to the spot Get Lo. Based in Brooklyn of course, on a late Monday night chill session we ended up at Get Lo.

Now Roadie told me about his older lady friend {definitely NO judgment from me considering I'm not qualified} who is mad chill. Having told Lo about me, the introduction was finally made one very late Monday evening.

As we walked up to Get Lo the sound coming from the building was already letting me know what was up. Life in the hood has its benefits, including the absence of neighbors who call in noise disturbances, and the seemingly cool neighbors who don't need to sleep or go to work in the morning.

So we show up at Get Lo and she's a little distressed at the moment, which explains why she didn't connect the 'Anne' that Roadie introduced her to and the 'Anne' that was called to get down on the dance floor a little bit later. As a welcome distraction though, Lo was happy to take her mind off of what had been bothering her - and we were happy to take her to a happier place.

So settle in and chill session goin on... Lo' is fiddling with the already boomin system because the subwoofer wasn't as "doom-doo-doom" enough. Once the 'woof is 'woofin to her content and after a little more chillaxin, Lo' turned the lights off & turned the music up.

With a sliver of a bright blue light emanating from the sound system, mirrored walls, and the bass thump-thump-thumpin all in my chest - I'm just soaking it all in and boppin my head to the beat, when I see Roadie tap Lo' and tell her something that was clearly inaudible to me.

Lo' goes: "Oh! Diisssss AYYUUNNE?!"
As she dips down an entire level to really scope out if it's Anneintheflesh.


I love my Roadie. And at that very moment I knew he really told Lo' about his good ol Roadie (yours truly) because of the above response. Not that I doubted him at all, but it just warmed my heart to know in my absence I was still... "around." ~End sappy moment~

"Don't be SHY!" Lo says and invites me to Get Lo...

And Get Lo I sure did on an early Tuesday morning in the heart of Brooklyn. No fuss, no muss. Just a bunch of friends partying like it was 1999 and like none of us had a care in the world. Hands in the air, swayin' with the music, like we own the place and it's only for us.

As time winded down, and my "gettinold" ass took a natural seat with the slow music break, Lo asked me to sign her table. As I sat there, I saw the signatures of my Roadie's crew and how they decided to leave their mark.

I felt more than happy and honored to leave my mark at Get Lo too; and of course I got an invite to the Get Lo event of the summer: none other than Lo's b-day B-D

I'll definitely be back at Get Lo with my bells and whistles on cuz aint nuthing like getting down where you're welcome, in the heart of where you're from.


No comments:

Post a Comment