Monday, August 29, 2011

The GettinOld Blues

I'm 25. And it seems like leading up to this point and very much thereafter I'm beginning to feel the signs of age wearing on me.

I know I'm young. Very. Young. But only 3 months to 26, and I can't help but take to my blog to see if I'm the only one experiencing these pitfalls of GettinOld. I'll break it down into the 3 areas that I hear old ppl talk about: physical ailments, internal maladies, overall deterioration.

Physical Ailments

I've always loved to dance. At the club, at a bbq, anywhere there's music I'm guaranteed to dance solo, with friends, or whatever.

Upon turning 25 however, I fear that I can no longer drop it like it's hot. My thighs be BURNIN!

"Somebody call 911/Shorty's fire burnin on de dance flaww oo wooo"

Literally. Burning. The heels add a whole other variable to that burnin equation...

I've always only had a 4 hour maximum with my shoes, post-25 that 4 hour maximum has gone on to include:

no walking to the club in heels (to save the knees and balance ratio)
no unnecessary dancing to songs I have no affinity for (to save the heel stamina and prevent unnecessary sweating)

Sweat: an outfit's worst enemy has now become a standard part of my partying experience.

I remember when I NEVER used to sweat. It had to be at least 95 to get some bead formation on my forehead.

Now. It happens TOO MUCH. In CREVICES. BEFORE I'm done getting dressed. Like Whitney I sweat above my lips. ::Shakes fists in the air:: WHY??!! Has my internal thermometer really set off to this degree.

Sadly. It has.

Internal Maladies
I used to drink like a fish. If drinking was a sport I would have probably come up with at least a Bronze Medal considering my weight class and ability to tank the alcohol without any repercussions except your standard young person hangover.

Now. I can't even digest it as fast as I would like to drink it. Drinking has become a planned event in my social calendar. I have to plan to be fucked up, because the next day effects require my full and undivided attention.

From getting rid of the bile and that ghastly stomach feeling. Ick. To sleeping off the tiredness that ensues. UGH. To calculating when the best time to eat is, along with the appropriate meal (the grease ratio MUST be minimal). To being able to drink water without it tasting sweeter than it should - just being DONE is an event in and of itself that has to have a day after sequel.

I've never been keen on patience and I'm likening this to an internal malady because it's a mental thing. My fuse has shortened by a LOT. Considering it was already short, I am quite sure this isn't a good thing for anyone. Least of all me. But how do I even work on this? I'm only GettinOld out here...

Overall Deterioration
I just be tired. I move a little slower. And I need naps.

Makes adventure-having pretty hard but I've been managing.

I also have been trying to walk myself back into shape. As a petite young lady I know I "look" fit but these internal maladies have got to have some abatement somewhere...and maybe being in shape is the key...

Recovery time is a bitch....luckily I'm in good company when I'm hungover most of the time lol.

I don't even want to be naive about the fact that we all have to get old. I just NEVER thought I would FEEL it at 25!! I thought my legs would start burning at 30 maybe 28 on my more pessimistic days. Maybe it's something in the food we ate coming up that caused this? Since the kids now are overgrown maybe our insides were stunted on the quest to put hormones in these animals....

Dayyuuummmm! All I know is shit is real out here. But I'm determined to stay fly. So excuse me while I go sip on some wine to increase my digestive tolerance and clean the house in heels to stabilize my innate equilibrium. Shaking my GettonOld head.....


2 comments:

  1. i honestly laughed my ass of reading this...and stopped in a few places to share with my colleague in the cubicle next to me...life is good when reading about That Damn Anne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait until you get 30. its all downhill from there. You turn 30 and the body guarantee expires

    ReplyDelete